#tartetropezine #patisserie #cream
Follow my Brioche Dough Recipe on my blog for Brioche Au Sucre: Bake half of the dough into a cake pan as if you are making a round cake.
Pastry Cream Recipe ( Patisserie Cream):
- 2 cups milk (480ml)
- 4 egg yolks
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup Moench patisserie Creme Vanilla flavored cornstarch ( I bought this in France but you can use 1/4 cup cornstarch and 1/4 flour instead)
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- A pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1. In a thick bottom sauce pan warm 2 cups of milk over low heat.
- 2. In a bowl cream egg yolks and granulated sugar. Sift in patisserie cornstarch. Whisk until smooth. Finally stir in vanilla and a pinch of salt.
- 3. Pour only 1/4 of warm milk into (2) and whisk to combine. Then pour the cream in the pan of the warm milk.
- 4. Over medium heat bring it to a boil whisking constantly. When it starts to boil, whisk continually until the cream thickens.
- 5. Out of heat stir in 1/3 cup of unsalted butter. Mix until combined. Transfer to a heat-proof bowl and let cool and cover with cellophane so as not to create a film.
- 6. Meanwhile allow butter to softened at room temperature. When the cream is cooled, add in the butter. whip with hand mixer until smooth.
Once Brioche is cooled then slice in half place patisserie cream inside of cake replace lid.